We cordially invite you to stop by at some point over this season at the charming 19th century Green district schoolhouse. Bring the kids or grandkids to let them experience a bit of what school was like, before all the intense screen time of the present. School was up close and personal back then. Because this little schoolhouse was in service into the 1950s, during your visit there’s a good chance you might even get to meet a volunteer who attended this school.
This year, the seasonal schedule will see the schoolhouse open for visitors on the following dates:
- Saturday June 8, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, for Connecticut Open House Day
- Sunday June 23, 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Sundays July 14 & 28, 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Sundays August 11 & 25, 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Sundays September 8 & 22, 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Saturday October 12, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, in conjunction with the Canterbury Old Home Day
There’s also the option of requesting a different date and time; call 860-546-9062. We hope to see you there.
The location is Canterbury green, just behind the 1st Congregation Church of Canterbury. Put 6 South Canterbury Road, Canterbury, Connecticut into your GPS, and turn it at Library Road. Admission and parking are always free.Continue reading →
Older News on Legacy Website